University of Canterbury (UC) – New Zealand
The University of Canterbury (UC) welcomes applications from Canadian students and offers excellent study, cultural, sporting and travelling experiences as part of a Teacher Education abroad for Canadian students wanting to study in the South Island of New Zealand.
UC is the Teachers College option for all CANTEACH students wanting to attend Teachers College in the South Island of New Zealand. Studying in Christchurch, New Zealand allows students to live in the regional centre of the South Island while participating in an excellent program that prepares them to teach while living in a student friendly and active lifestyle.
The following South Island University in New Zealand is represented and promoted by CANTEACH: University of Canterbury (UC)- School of Education; Primary & Secondary – late Jan/early Feb start; 1 year program
All students who inquire about Teachers College in New Zealand will be applying to the Auckland University of Technology (AUT). This is for a variety of reasons: 1. UC welcomes applications from Canadian students 2. UC has excellent Teacher Education programs. 3. UC has places available for CANTEACH students. 4. Airport pick up in Christchurch will be confirmed for your arrival. 5. UC has a 1 year program for both Primary and Secondary. 6. Students attending UC have my support as I live in New Zealand and I will be attending Orientation, Certification workshops in person and Graduation. 7. Mike Johnson/UC will provide you advice on banking and mobile plan/number on arrival. 8. Mike Johnson is available via cell/mobile, email, facebook and messenger when you are applying and attending. 9. UC will attend CANTEACH University visits to Canada/ON twice per year in March and October.
For more information check out the UC Brochure (coming soon) and the CANTEACH Brochure
University of Canterbury – Christchurch; Primary and Secondary (limited teachables) late Jan/early Feb start date
- CANTEACH Application – Please submit the CANTEACH application form and supporting documents you uploaded to Mike Johnson (firstname.lastname@example.org). The CANTEACH $50 application fee paid via e Transfer (to email@example.com) can be submitted when you have completed the online applications. 2. a) First, All applicants, Primary and Secondary, need to apply to UC online https://myuc.canterbury.ac.nz/login (and obtain a UC ID#). You will also upload your e documents (continued on the next page).2. Please complete and return/submit the CANTEACH application form, transcripts and Canadian police check and all other supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org when you have completed the UC online application.
Please follow the UC Application Instructions and UC Application Screen Shots when completing the application.
- References – UC requires two (2) references to submit a referee form for you and that contact to be done via:
Referees need to submit this online and this is much easier than a reference letter and will take less than 10 minutes. I will send a separate email listing this link to be forwarded to your two reference (s) via email. You need to include your AUT ID# from the online application so your reference can list it for their submission.
4. Original Canadian Police Check (e copy and upload to the online application form)
5. Original or Unofficial Transcripts (e copy and upload to the online application form)
6. Photocopy of your passport (e copy and upload to the online application form)
7. Resume (e copy and upload to the online application form)
8. Personal Statement (e copy and upload to the online application form)
You can apply without a Visa (we get that later), Insurance (we get that later), Payment (we do that later) and skip/leave blank the English requirement.All material needs to be scanned and emailed into Mike Johnson to assist the process/assessment for interview.
Kaela Jakub (2016) – https://apps.oct.ca/FindATeacher/memberdetail?id=679115 click here for Kayla’s Primary certification in ON
Kate Moran (2020) – https://apps.oct.ca/FindATeacher/memberdetail?id=708929 click here for Kate’s Primary certification in ON
Brandon Labelle (2017) – https://apps.oct.ca/FindATeacher/memberdetail?id=686039 click here for Brandon’s Secondary certification in ON
Olivia Westaway (2019) – https://apps.oct.ca/FindATeacher/memberdetail?id=700683 click here for Olivia’s Secondary certification in ON