What We Do
CANTEACH students are highly successful in getting their application accepted to Teacher Education programs abroad. Every single CANTEACH student has been certified in Canada/Ontario upon completion of their program abroad. The CANTEACH Brochure is a must read for all CANTEACH students as an introduction to the Certification process from attending a Teacher Education program. Additionally Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) is an excellent resource when you are investigating your options for Teachers College Abroad.
Mike Johnson, the Director of CANTEACH will provide an on-site Teacher Certification Workshop to each CANTEACH student who is attending Teachers College at a CANTEACH University. CANTEACH students work their chosen Universities on certification for the jurisdiction which they are training in and Mike Johnson will take you through on-line application process for certification back in Ontario via the Ontario College of Teachers (OCT). This is the most important question any CANTEACH student or parent can ask as they undertake the process. Mike Johnson is available to discuss this process directly with all CANTEACH students.
CANTEACH will provide you direct advice on where you can apply according to your teachables and program you wish to study. This advice will also include information you need to get certified back in Canada, particularly Ontario, for the job and grade level you will be teaching in.
All CANTEACH Universities work closely with the Ontario College of Teachers (OCT) to assist students in their certification back to Ontario. Mike Johnson and CANTEACH Universities meet with the OCT in October each year to keep up to date with current regulations and happenings within the Teacher Education profession, specifically relating to certification and registration in Ontario.
Mike Johnson, Director of CANTEACH will give you a certification workshop while studying abroad for you to be able to get your Teaching Certificate Abroad and back to Canada/Ontario.
To apply for Teacher Education at one of the CANTEACH Universities, students will need to include a list of items located on the CANTEACH application form for each University. Please also consult the CANTEACH Brochure or use this form to contact Mike Johnson directly.
CANTEACH will assist you with your application to New Zealand, Scotland and Wales, student visa, travel, accommodation, student loan and any other important items you need to make this opportunity a reality.
Applications should be made well in advance.
Please contact Mike Johnson for any Teacher Education questions about certification in Canada, New Zealand, Scotland and Wales. And read through the website for all the important information.
- CANTEACH oversees the whole process from start to finish (you back in Canada or working around the World)
- Before you have even applied, CANTEACH has put in place many necessary items for the smooth process
- Advises Teacher Education students and Institutions on application for certification back in Canada
- Unparalleled service for your application
- Take you through the application process for University Application, Tuition payment, when to start your Student Visa, Student Loan and Teacher Certification
- Advises you the result of your application and status throughout process to the point of acceptance
- Advise you on travel arrangements
- Coordinates pre departure meetings/social networking groups for those going to New Zealand, Scotland and Wales in the same year